Alright the fall season is coming to a end. Many players will try and step it up over the next 4 weeks. But for now I will give you my FINAL FALL PRE-SEASON TOP TEN..ALL SHORE AND ALL FRESHMAN TEAMS. What does all this mean right now? Nothing other than a way to start some fun debate. This ranking I can promise you will be much different when I put out my First official Top Ten ranking and Pre- Season All Shore Teams….leave me you opinion and let me know how wrong I am….
FINAL FALL TOP TEN
1. ST. ROSE- I like that they are the ultimate Gym Rats and they have a guy named Joe Whalen, who is on top of his team all year. But what makes this team special are three things. One they are now Juniors and Seniors. Next they have the best bench this year in the shore. Alex Pendergrass (verbal to D1 Manhattan)Lauren Lithgow, Ariana Dalia, Maggie Stappleton and Molly Lynch are all major weapons off the bench. Lithgow is a superstar in waiting, Ariana Dalia just may be a D1 player and Molly Lynch could be the best freshman in the shore.
2. MANASQUAN– I like that they are seasoned and all there players have big game experience. But the game changer is Lola Mullaney the #16 rated junior wing player in the country according to ESPN. They also get Victoria Galvan back and she has been in the gym getting back in shape. Annie Mako is a great pick up giving the bench more length. What scares me is too many small injuries this fall. While fall games don’t matter. A blowout lost to anyone has to be a concern.
3. SJV- If you thought they were dead…LOL is all I have to say. This is a team of gym rats. They have the Hoop Group Shore POY Kimi Evans returning. But it’s all the D1 JV players from a year ago moving up, that will be key. Sara Karpell has arrived this fall and looks like a future star. It’s Coach Karpell folks…can they win it? We’ll have to see how long it takes them to develop and gain experience
4. RBC- They are the most talented team in the shore Top to bottom. They have a team of gym rats. They are to a girl bigger stronger and more experienced than a year ago. On paper right now they have no weakness and size is a non issue; they are unusually big at every position except center. Next they have Tia Montagne back for a entire season. Getting Maureen Coakley back from injury will help. Freshman Fabienne Eggenschwiler has proven she is ready to play this year.
5. RFH- The adjustment to new Head Coach Dave Callahan has been seamless and drama free. Tori Hyduke and Hannah Scanlon appear ready by all reports to lead the team. But the real story is Michaela McGarvey who has looked like a D1 lock this fall. She may be the missing piece to helping RFH stay in the conversation of elite programs. If they can develop a bench in the next 4 weeks who knows, they could surprise
6. NEPTUNE– They have Dezzy Allen and Brianna Love and that is two pretty good weapons to bring to any table. They lost freshman star Henderson from a year ago, so finding a point guard is a major issue. They have a 6’1 freshman who is going to be a factor and I believe has a chance to make the All Freshman Team. More on her latter!
7. MIDDLETOWN SOUTH– If Hayley Dalonzo is back which everyone says is the case. They move up in the ranking. The have Tom Brennan back and that’s worth more than any player on their roster. Kayla Richardson will not only be one of the best freshman in the state. But will give Dalonzo some serious backup on the offensive end. They don’t do much competitive stuff as a team in the fall and that could be a issue early.
8. DONAVAN CATHOLIC– There have more talent than anyone realizes. Molly Collins and Alyssa Hirschy are proven offensive weapons. But its babies Paige Slaven and Karolina Jarusevciute that just may be the key to the entire season. This could be a surprise team, check back in 4 weeks.
9. MARLBORO– They are going to play another crazy schedule against the best in the state. But right now Jess Board is one of the best juniors in the state and Molly Weiss is already one of the best point guards in the shore. Now the questions is can kids like Besso step up and help them get over the top…
10. HOLMDEL– Christina Antonakakis is back and that means everyone gets a little better. Syd Caffaro is still one of the most athletic players in the shore. It’s the fall so lets be honest it just a guessing game as to what will happen.
FINAL FALL ALL SHORE TEAM…now we all know the official Pre Season will look different
FIRST TEAM FALL ALL SHORE
FAITH MASONIOUS– MANASQUAN
DARA MABREY– MANASQUAN
JOSIE LARKINS– RBC
DEZZY ALLEN– NEPTUNE
PLAYER OF THE YEAR….KIMI EVANS, St. Johns Vianney
ALL FALL FRESHMAN TEAM
KARMARI REYNOLDS– MANCHESTER
KAYLA RICHARDSON-MIDDLETOWN SOUTH
PAGIE SALVEN- DONAVAN CATHOLIC
FABIENNE EGGENSCHWILER– RBC
MOLLY LYNCH – ST. ROSE
KARONLINA JARUSEVCIUTE– DONAVAN CATHOLIC
FRESHMAN OF THE YEAR….KAYLA RICHARDSON, Middletown South