The Shore Conference got off to high flying start this weekend. There was movement in the Top Ten as Long Branch gave Middletown South a scare. Tori Hyduke but on a show and all the heavyweights and ranked teams won. Shannon McCoy had a monster opening night with 25 points and 15 rebounds. Neptune which 1-1 this weekend found a new dynamic duo in Makayla Andrews and Taylor Gardner. Andrews followed up her 17 point 10 rebounds openings night with 23 points and 15 rebounds in a win over Plainfield and Taylor Gardner backed up her 22 point opening night with 24 in the win of Plainfield.
SHORE CONFERENCE WEEKLY AWARDS
COACH OF THE WEEK
Dave Callahan– RUMSON FAIR HEAVEN– Callahan is rapidly gaining a reputation for throwing his teams into the deepest water of competition. This year he once again opened the season against a talented Chatham team on the ROAD. Coach Callahan was brilliant all afternoon with his changing defenses and Stella substitution patterns. He has he young Bulldogs playing above expectations..they are ranked #8 in the state.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK-
Tori Hyduke– Senior- RUMSON FAIR HEAVEN– Hyduke continues to add to her library of show stopping performances. She carried RFH for a half and allowed them to stay in the game in the first half. She scored RFH’s first 13 points and 2o of RFH’ s 24 first half points. Hyduke finishes with 35 points in there road win over CHATHAM.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
Cortland McBarron- The freshman shooting guard scored seven straight points against Chatman in the third quarter. She helped open the floor gates for her other inexperienced players on the RFH roster. She also was instrumental in helping RFH against the Chatham pressure. She handle the ball and played with a veteran type confidence.
TEAM OF THE WEEK
COLTS NECK went on the road and knock off upstart Howell in a total team effort. Senior Cara Volpe had a double/double. Camryn Foltz who was limited to 11 minutes made the most of them with 9 points. But it was Lauren Feaster who really laid down the hammer. Her defense on high scoring Rachel Gazzola and 15 rebounds were the difference in the game. Colts Neck had a great pre-season and it carried over to opening night, giving new coach STEVE JANNARONE his first win.
1. ST. ROSE–(1-0) Coach Jannie Roth got her first win as St. Rose cruised to a easy opening win.
2. RBC– (1-0)– Seniors Rose Caverly, Hayley Moore and Katie Rice lead the way to a easy opening night win.
3. MANSQUAN– (1-0)-The big three of Mabrey, Mullaney and Masonious made it look easy on opening night
4. SJV– (1-0)– Freshman Katie Hill and Christina Whitehead both had big debuts as SJV started with a bang
5. TRN– (1-0)–They are deep and very talented. This group is a problem
6. MANCHESTER– (1-0)– The young talented group get thrown right into fire opening against #10 Donovan Catholic
7. RFH– (1-0)– The Bulldogs showed they are going nowhere, Hyduke was special and Lucy Adams was sensational.
8. MARLBORO– (1-0)– Jess Broad and crew got a solid opening day win over a game Neptune.
9. DONOVAN CATHOLIC– (1-0)– They won’t get to enjoy there opening day win very long. They can move up the polls with a win over MANCHESTER today.
10. COLTS NECK-(1-0)– Surprise.. surprise as they went on the road and beat Howell with a solid performance across the board
Urgent Update…Core Skills Saturday training does have spot stills Available..
Holiday Break Clinic starts Dec 26th-29th for Boys and girls
Tomorrow RBC@Manasquan Preview…