HAPPY FATHERS DAY to all the dads with us and those in heaven watching over us. Today is a great day for families all across the country. Tomorrow starts a journey for lots of kids with dreams. That’s because for many kids it’s the first day of high school practice, the last step for Juniors and Seniors hoping to get recruited and the first day of summer camp. So today I will give you some advice to live by for the rest of the summer. There are only three type of kids out there left right now. Do not let anyone tell you different.
1. There are the kids willing to listen and continue chasing their dreams, they refuse to surrender.
2. There is the kid who has quietly given up and no longer in their heart see a path. They have begin the process of settling on their dreams.
3. Then they are the kids who are starting their journey with high hopes
I WANT TO GIVE YOU 5 THINGS TO AVOID… these 5 mistakes happen every year
1. Do not sit around all day waiting for high school practice to start, especially junior and seniors. You will not develop doing this. You must be active before or after practice.
2. Please spend as many weeks in camp that you can. These 2 months each summer will determine your future and your development will matter the most in the long term.
3. Please do not focus on playing time when with your high school. Focus on developing a relationship with your coach and teammates.
4. Find an inner circle of gym rats, players who are constantly doing more and always hungry. Do not settle on a weak inner circle
5. Please remember your reputation is made though your behavior and is spoken about in corners. Do not give anyone a reason to question your behavior
Now let me address the junior and seniors without an offer. If you are going to play D3 or D2 basketball take a deep breath. You have lots of time to figure it all out. But you must remember the better the school is academically the less time you have. Now if your dream is to play D1 your back is up against the wall. Let nobody tell you different. Coaches have at this point have formed an opinion of you or you lack exposure. Once coaches form an opinion of you, it’s hard to change there mind unless you do something dynamic with you game. So let me give you some advice. But you must be willing to listen, the number one most deadly mistake in the recruiting process is a lack of knowledge about the process.
HERE ARE 5 THINGS YOU CAN DO TO CHANGE YOUR RECRUITING STATUS
1. Please attend NBS CAMP. It’s placed strategically before the live period for a reason. You get will “REAL” exposure and a chance to prove you can play against the best. Do not skip this camp
2. PLEASE ATTEND AS MANY COLLEGE ELITE CAMPS AS YOU CAN AFFORD ESPECIALLY IN AUGUST
3. Understand the recruiting process does not end in a July
4. You must understand your inner circle needs help otherwise you would already have an offer. You must find new or additional advocates
5. You must change something. If all you’re doing is showing up and playing nothing will change. You may need film, different practice habits and most importantly a dose of truth
***Time is not on your side and you will be wise to listen. Whatever road you been walking may not be the road to your dreams. You must be willing to be led sometimes. That time is NOW
FINALLY CORE SKILLS CAMP starts Monday. Every kid who is off from school gets to make a decision. Do they start the summer off on the right foot? Or do they begin the process of taking short cuts. I believe Core Skills is the start of a mindset. They mindset is that a kid is ready to make a commitment to their game and development. They have decided the sacrifices are worth the risk of giving up so much… but it’s a personal decision. There will many excuses why a player can or cannot attend camp. But in the end everyone has to answer for their actions, regardless of what you parents or supporters say….. I wish you well!
I HOPE EVERYONE WILL HEAR MY WORDS TODAY… I tell you them not to scare you but rather because it’s the TRUTH
CAMP STARTS TOMORROW YOU MAY SIGN UP ONLINE OR AT THE DOOR….EACH DAY!
— Coach Tiny Green (@TinyGreenNBS) June 18, 2023